Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Abrazos !!

We will be moving from our 515 Hemingway Ln apartment in 2-3 weeks!
I'm sorry I didn't write anything out last week. Every time I sit down to write on Mondays, everything that happened during the week just slips out of my brain and I don't have a lot to say! 
This weeks accomplishments: 
1. I was challenged to eat salsa roja which was super picante, and I did it! My tongue hurt for at least 30 minutes afterwards, thus gaining the respect of everyone in the branch. They were each congratulating me when we left and telling me how I am officially half Mexican. 
2. I answered the phone when Sister Martinez couldn't and I understood everything they said
3. I figured out more about the language. 

I've realized that Spanish speakers think differently than English speakers sometimes when they are expressing themselves. I'm sure it's the same with every language, but I'm starting to understand a little bit more about what I struggle with. 
My favorite language experience thus far has been when someone asks me if I want water with "jello" which always catches me by surprise. Of course I don't want jello in my water. Turns out that "jello" sounds just like "hielo" which actually means ice. Oops! 
This week the rest of the Urueta family was baptized! Sofia and Rocio were baptized on Saturday and it was such a great experience. Sister Martinez and I have been praying night and day for them, and watching as the Lord works wonderful miracles in their lives each day. They are amazing people, and I love having them be a part of my life. 
As of this morning, I have officially finished the book of Alma in the Book of Mormon. I love the Book of Mormon! It brings me so much joy and teaches me so much about the Lord. I love telling others about that same joy that I have experienced. 
I have to go but I love you all dearly! 
Abrazos! 
Hermana Abram

0 comments:

Post a Comment