Monday, April 13, 2015

The Art of Spanglish

Buenos Dias! 

I have officially mastered Spanglish. I pronounce English words with a Spanish accent, and I have started using Spanish phrases to express myself that don't exist in English! It's great!

So we have been teaching this woman from Mexico for the last week or so who is a tenant in a family's home. We recently found out the man who owns the home (and lives there) was a hitman and has actually been in prison for murder! He's a completely changed man now, which is definitely good, but I couldn't believe it. He is such a saint! 

We have been getting to know a lot of members of the branch this week, and I pretty much recognize everyone (it's a small branch) even if I don't know their names yet! I've been able to build relationships with these people, and I love them more everyday! 

We have a lot of new investigators and we are starting from square one with a lot of people. Which is great but also interesting! We tend to get a lot of referrals throughout the week. Some work out, some don't. 

This week, we had an appointment with a woman named Mari, who is a Seventh Day Adventist. It was actually a really cool lesson! She is very firm in her beliefs, but she is very welcoming and loving, and accepts anyone into her home. We bounced theology off one another for a bit. Although we didn't leave with a new person to teach, she taught me so much about how to be respectful and loving towards everyone. 

The mission rocks! I'm exhausted all the time, and my life is very different now, but I wouldn't trade it ever. The little miracles that you see each day are priceless. 

I have such a strong testimony that Heavenly Father loves each of His children, which includes each of you! He understands you and loves you and He is always right beside you, waiting for you to turn to Him. 

Con todo mi corazon, 

Hermana Abram 

0 comments:

Post a Comment