Monday, June 15, 2015

The Lord's Timing

Buenas tardes!

Esta semana tuvimos la oportunidad de asistir al templo (This week we had the opportunity to attend the temple). It was a wonderful experience.

The whole time we were at the temple, I felt so much peace. I had missed being able to go so frequently to the temple and I remembered why i love that place so much! We won't go again until December, so I have 6 months to make and achieve some goals so I can have an even better experience.

We have a family investigating the church, and the mom is very close to my heart. She has a rough past with the church, and We haven't really been able to understand how to help her. We didn't see her for two weeks because she had many doctors appointments. Finally, she called us Sunday morning and asked if the Elders could come give her a blessing because she was having serious back pain and wasn't able to move. We stopped by that night to check on her. When we did, she invited us upstairs to visit with her in her room. We began talking and then her daughter came upstairs to tell us that there was smoke all downstairs because one of the daughters forgot to put water in her ramen, thus burning the ramen and the bowl, which nearly exploded in the microwave. Sister Martinez ran downstairs to help the girls get the smoke out of the house, when she felt that she should make them dinner. Meanwhile, I stayed with this Hermana and she began to tell me everything about her past. She explained her pains and the reason she feels the need to wait to be baptized. She wants to have a united family in the gospel, not simply personal salvation. As I listened to her, I felt the Spirit confirm that her decision was correct, and that the Lord knows her individually as well as her heart. I held her hand and told her that I want to come to her baptism one day when she is ready.

A very cool part of the story is what sister Martinez and I each did.  I am terrible at cooking, and I never could have made a decent meal for that family, but I do enjoy listening and conversing. Sister Martinez, on the other hand, felt that she didn't know how to help by talking, but she could show love by caring for their temporal needs.

I know that everything is in the Lords timing. It is His work, after all. I have so much hope for these families we are teaching. I see them with the eyes of the Savior, not just my own eyes.

¡Yo sé que este es el evangelio y la iglesia de Jesucristo! Tengo un testimonio fuerte de José Smith y sus sacrificios innumerables para la salvación de todos los demás. Yo sé que él fue un profeta de Dios y que el Libro de Mormón es otro testamento de jesucristo. Estoy tan agradecida por esta oportunidad de servir en una forma que nunca voy a poder hacer después.

¡Les quiero mucho! Disfruten su semana!

Hermana Abram

0 comments:

Post a Comment