Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Enduring and Prayer

Hello everyone! 

I wrote out a long email and it got deleted. Now I am crunched on time so I will cut to the chase. 

Enduring to the end is a principle that we know we must obey. We have to just keep enduring. BUT in D&C 121, we learn that we have to endure well. We must endure well through our trials, and not just grumpily pass through them. They are wonderful blessings and opportunities for us to grow closer to our Savior. 

Principle #2: prayer is powerful 

I have wanted something very specific recently, but I have been afraid to ask for it because I wanted to always ask what was in line with the will of he Lord. Then, on exchanges, I found this in the Bible Dictionary: 

"As soon as we learn the true relationship in which we stand toward God (namely, God is our Father, and we are His children), then at once prayer becomes natural and instinctive on our part (Matt. 7:7–11). Many of the so-called difficulties about prayer arise from forgetting this relationship. Prayer is the act by which the will of the Father and the will of the child are brought into correspondence with each other. The object of prayer is not to change the will of God but to secure for ourselves and for others blessings that God is already willing to grant but that are made conditional on our asking for them. Blessings require some work or effort on our part before we can obtain them. Prayer is a form of work and is an appointed means for obtaining the highest of all blessings." 

Don't be afraid to pray to your Father! He truly is your Father and He has so much in store for you, just waiting. You are His child, and as you remember that, you come to understand that when we kneel in prayer, it is opening a beautiful communication between parent and child. He wants to bless us, and sometimes He is just waiting for us to open the door. 

I will have a lot more to write about prayer next week, so stay tuned :) 

Also this week I was told that I look and sound like I am from Colombia, so there ya go :) 

Con todo mi amor, 

Hermana Abram ❤️

0 comments:

Post a Comment