Tuesday, September 15, 2015

"My faith is in Jesus Christ and is not dependent on outcomes."

Hello friends and family!

Let me start by telling you how much I love being a missionary. It's
really fun, and it is worth every sacrifice you have to make. I have
grown so much closer to my Savior than I ever thought was possible,
and I recognize His hand in my life so abundantly.

This week the word "miracles" was brought up a lot and I got thinking
about what that word could mean. I think miracles are so abundant
around us, but we never notice them, partly because the whole point of
a miracle is that it's not expected. But I think a miracle isn't
always splitting the Red Sea or someone rising from the dead. I think
a miracle is that someone decides to follow Christ and be baptized. I
think a miracle is something that happens that once seemed impossible.

Sometimes bad things happen. A lot of times bad things happen. But why
do we lose faith in our Savior? Why do we let our faith be conditional
when His sacrifice for us was infinite?


My mission is nothing that I expected it to be. It's so hard but every day I grow closer to my Savior. It's challenging in a way I never expected, but I would never change it. And it's the same with life.  It's really hard, and at times unbearable. But why let your faith be
conditional when He can unconditionally heal you?

I love being a missionary. I love this gospel and it's our way back home. Our Savior loves us, and I promise you that the hardest of challenges are always blessings because they always bring you closer to Him if you allow them to.

I love you all very much. I pray for you, and I will continue to do so!

Con mucho amor,

Hermana Abram

0 comments:

Post a Comment