Monday, May 11, 2015

Low Lows & High Highs

It's been brought to my attention that the title of my last email has left many people on a cliffhanger. My eyebrow is not nearly as bad as I thought it was, plus my glasses cover up my mistake, so all is well. :) 
 
This week I experienced a moment of very low, and I also had the happiest experience on my mission thus far. All on the same day! Sister Martinez and I were tracting after many of our plans fell through. We were talking to everyone and we were treated very rudely by many people. One man flat out said "NO" when we said hello and refused to talk to us while he was packing up his car. Another woman came out of her house as we were walking up to the door and loudly shouted "no" at us as well. I have never felt so down and so rejected so far. It was painful and I didn't want to keep going. We knocked on another door and a kind Brazilian woman named Juliana answered. She invited us in and we were able to teach the entire 1st lesson to her in English. She was so amazing! When we told her about the Book of Mormon she was very excited and gladly accepted our invitation to read it and pray about it. I have never met someone so sincere! Her friend came after we got there and we taught her about the Book of Mormon as well. They treated us so kindly and they are expecting visits from the Portuguese Elders. 
That experience with Juliana was the tender mercy that I needed to remind me that Jesus Christ is always at the head of this work, and that there are always people prepared. When I felt so low, I heard Elder Holland's voice reminding me that "you are walking shoulder to shoulder with the most perfect missionary that has ever lived and who will ever live." 

I love the scriptures! I have just finished 3 Nephi in the Book of Mormon and I am also just starting Exodus in the OT! It's so great to see how we can learn so many things from the scriptures. 
I love you all so much and I hope you have a wonderful week! 
Love, Hermana Abram

0 comments:

Post a Comment