Tuesday, May 26, 2015

iPads Next Week

We are officially set to receive iPads on June 2nd! In about a month and a half we will be able to use Facebook for missionary work :) 

Sister Martinez and I made it through another transfer! We will be together again until July, which we are very excited about. 

This week, I can truly say that I love being a missionary. I love it! It's so hard, but I think I have started to rely more in the Lord and forget about myself. 

A few weeks ago, we received a referral from other missionaries for a woman named Barbara. We knocked a few times but she never answered. After several times of trying to contact her, we gave up. But we decided again that we were going to try one last time. And thank goodness we did. Barbara's mom answered the door and long story short, she poured her soul out to us and we shared a very spiritual and personal moment with her as she expressed the feelings of her soul. We were able to teach according to her needs. I felt so connected to her and I felt as if I had already known her. It was a very special moment for me to realize that you really never know who the Lord has prepared and our job as missionaries is to always work as though everyone is prepared. 

To be honest, I don't really remember a lot of what happened this week other than just really really good stuff. 

I've killed a lot of bugs in our apartment this week, including a roach the size of my head (kind of). 

We got a new washer this week, and after our kitchen minorly flooding twice, a genius invention by Sister Martinez to prevent water damage, a broken washer, and a very amused maintenance man, we will be receiving a new washer and drier this week :) 

Also this week I was told by a family I love that I would make a great daughter in law to them. They cook delicious Peruvian food so I told them after the mission, we could talk.  ;)

Les quiero! ! 

Con amor, 

Hermana Abram

D0DCF023-3A70-4C40-BAB4-3F1BBEF0F119

0 comments:

Post a Comment