Monday, August 3, 2015

Hidden Miracles

This week has been full of hidden and interesting miracles.

I had been praying and fasting all week to find people to teach--people whom the Lord had prepared to receive the gospel. I was getting
so frustrated almost every day because we never found anyone to teach, no matter how many doors we knocked, how many members we visited. As luck would have it, I was called on in district meeting to share miracles. I felt as though I had nothing to share, so I decided to make something up because God certainly hadn't answered my sincere prayers. And as I was sharing, I realized that my miracle was true. We HAVE found people who are ready to learn! We have given out countless referrals to the English speaking missionaries, two of whom will be baptized soon. No, we never taught them, but the Lord DID lead us to the people He had prepared!

About a month ago, we received a member referral from a current missionary in SLC. She sent us to her grandparents. Her grandmas name is Gloria, and Gloria and I have grown very close. I feel a certain warmness towards her, and I know I have found one of my life long friends (even if we are at very different stages of life). She has touched my heart in ways words can never describe. She is earnestly seeking the truth, she acts on her faith, and prays with her whole heart. And she receives big answers! This week, I asked her if she has prayed to know if the Book of Mormon and the things we have taught are true. She said that she doesn't need to because she already knows they are true, because there is no way two 19 year old girls could make this up!

Gloria has been so special for me as I have diligently studied, prayed, and fasted to know her needs and know what to teach her. I received answers to those prayers as I felt so many ideas rush through
my head with a strong burning that led me to understand her.


I realized that even if people don't understand it, they DO recognize us as servants of the Lord. This realization hit me when I thought how crazy it is that so many adults welcome us (strangers) into their homes and pour their hearts out to two kids. They take our testimonies and pray about the things we have taught them. And then I realized that I'm not 19 (and a half), I'm not Madeline, I'm not a college student, and I'm not just a kid. I truly am set apart to be a real representative of the Lord Jesus Christ. You never get an opportunity like this again.

My testimony has grown so much since beginning my mission, in ways I didn't know it needed to grow. If this work wasn't true, then us crazy 18, 19, 20 21 year old missionaries would have messed this up a long time ago :)

Les quiero con todo mi corazón. Yo sé que esta obra es la obra del señor, que no hay otro camino para llegar a la presencia de Él, y que nuestro Padre Celestial nos bendice cada día, cada hora, cada minuto, aun cuando no las reconozcamos esas bendiciones. Esta obra es maravillosa y aunque es muy difícil, no querría hacer ninguna otra cosa que ser una misionera para mi Salvador.

Con amor,
Hermana Abram

0 comments:

Post a Comment