Monday, August 3, 2015

Mission life is the best life

Hey there!

I love Hermana Ayala. She is so great and teaches me a lot. I'm pretty sure she's training me, not me training her.

So I hit my 5 month mark on Saturday and I actually wanted to cry a little bit. A year ago I was finishing my second semester of college, and now I only have a year left of my mission. It's going to by so fast, it's kinda scary.

I love you all sooo much but man I can't imagine my life back at home. I can't imagine my life outside of missionary work! An elder from the stake was released on Friday and it was so sad to watch him take off his tag and leave behind the missionary life.

I think what makes this so great is the fact that I don't have a lot of time to think of myself. I am studying, praying, living for other people. For their salvation. It hurts when they don't accept the
message. It hurts when they don't come to church. It hurts when you love them so much but you have to let them choose for themselves to change their lives. But I wouldn't trade it at all.

I don't know what it's like to have a day off anymore, and I'm glad I don't!

Mission life is the best life. But more than that, the gospel life is the best life. There really is nothing in the world that the gospel can't mend and help. It's worth all the sacrifice necessary. This is
literally salvation.

Being on a mission gives you a clearer vision. When people come to your with their problems, the gospel is all you can offer them as a missionary. And I think slowly you come to realize that if they choose to truly live the gospel, all their needs will be met. Even if it takes time.

I love you all so much!

Hermana Abram

0 comments:

Post a Comment