Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Always remember Him, that they might have His spirit to be with them

Buenas tardes mi gente!


Life in the GANM is going well. There are so many people here to talk to and so much to do! We spent the majority of the week informing the world about the upcoming general conference where we would hear from the Prophet! It was so fun to testify about the Lord and His mouthpiece.

I learned a lot from General Conference, and I had my questions answered, which was wonderful. I think the biggest thing I learned was about the spirit-- I've been struggling to really feel the spirit, especially in challenging times. 

As members of the Church of Jesus Christ, we are promised that as we keep our promises, attend church, and partake of the sacrament (bread and water) each week, we will have the company of the Holy Ghost. And included in the prayer for the sacrament is the reminder that we must do our part to remember Him.

Ive always thought of this in regards to worship, but as I listened to the prophet and apostles of the Lord, it was confirmed to me that in times of trial and challenge, difficulty and fear, we need only remember our Savior and focus our minds on Him. By doing so, we will be filled with an indescribable joy that cannot be felt from any other source. 

It was also confirmed to me that as we attend church regularly and keep the Sabbath day holy, we can and will be forgiven of our sins. 

Missionary work is the best! Whenever you face a trial, think of the Savior, and you will find peace and healing every time :) 

I love you all so much! Thank your for your great examples and your support. 

Funny story: this week we were coming home from Mission Leadership Council and the elders were trying to race us. We took a left hand turn and a police car flipped on its lights and drove behind us as we kept driving. Finally I pulled over, and he kept going. SO the funny part about all this is that the elders thought we got pulled over. So we totally rolled with it and ended up convincing them that I had been pulled over, given a ticket, and taken away. Long story short, we ended up beating them to the church and had a good laugh.

Con amor, 

Hermana Abram 

P.s. We adopted a piƱata named Esteban Julio Ricardo Sibanakoliso Jo Shaqueeta. You can see him from pictures sent earlier. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment