Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Miracles in the GNAM

Dear friends and family,

This week has been full of a lot of really spectacular miracles! I've

learned a lot and been able to see the hand of the Lord abundantly in
my life. I'll share a few of them with you:

1. Sunday morning, we received a call from Hermano Morales, who told
us that the sacrament meeting speakers cancelled last mingute, and
because the missionaries never say no, they called us to speak! I was
so excited, you guys. I have had so much on my mind recently, and I
loved the chance to speak so I was able to express some spiritual
insights I had. The miracle was being able to give the talk. It was
amazing to see the extreme difference from the assignment to talk in
May, and the assignment to talk in October. Same branch, same
responsibilities, totally different Sister Abram. I was so calm, no
anxiety. Whereas in May, I had a huge meltdown and panicked at the
idea. This time I was able to speak for 20 min in Spanish, with no
problems, and with the spirit.

2. We have been working really hard with less active members recently.
Two in particular have been wonderful to work with. Both are married
couples. We challenged them both to enter the temple in the beginning
of 2016 so they could have an eternal family. Both accepted, and we
are helping them make necessary changes to come back to church.

3. While Sis Ayala and I were knocking doors one night, we were
complaining about how we never have miracles when we knock doors like
the other missionaries have. Then we knocked on one door, and the
woman, China, happily let us in. We taught her about Joseph Smith and
the church, and then she happily accepted us back for tonight! She
said that she was waiting to go upstairs right before we came by
because she felt like she needed to do something more. Then she told
us that we were the reason why she stayed.

4. Last Monday night, we visited an investigator that we felt like we
had lost. But to our surprise, we ended up talking to her about
baptism and she happily accepted a date to be baptized. It was
wonderful and truly miraculous.

Truly, I've learned this week that the Lord is always with us. Even
when we don't feel Him. Obviously we don't see Him, but that's what
faith is: believing that He is supporting us, even when we don't feel
His support.

Estoy sumamente agradecida por este evangelio! Sé que, de verdad,

bendice a las familias porque permite que las familias sean eternas--
algo que no tenga ninguna otra iglesia. Y aunque no sepa todo, tengo
la fe que algún día, todo tendrá sentido y estaré en los brazos de mi
Salvador y de mi Padre. Tengo la fe que nuestro Señor siempre nos
apoya y siempre está pendiente de nosotros.

Con amor,
Hermana Abram

Sent from my heart

0 comments:

Post a Comment